Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Shack by Wm. Paul Young


Last night I finished reading one of the best books I ever recall reading. The Shack by William Paul Young is a fiction story based somewhat on his own life. The story is about "Mack" as he goes through some very difficult times in his family's life. He ends up meeting the Trinity ("Papa", Jesus, and "Sarayu" the Holy Spirit) and spending a most incredible weekend with them.

The Shack wrestles with unconditional love, loss, grief, and reconciliation. It tackles the idea of "when bad things happen to good people" (theodocy).

It's a quick read and left me wanting to keep reading. I kept finding ways to read another chapter. Yet I also can't wait to read it again because there is so much there I need to take in and process again.

If you are looking for a good book to read, I highly recommend The Shack. If you've read it, or read it now, I'd love to hear what you think! Happy Reading!

No comments: