Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Holy Week at RMC-Part 2

St. Francis of Assisi's Prayer Art by Suzanne

As part of our Lenten Journey through the Lord's Prayer and exploring ways to pray, I personally thought a lot about St. Francis' famous Peace Prayer. These 5 images are my Lenten devotional work with photography and St. Francis of Assisi's various prayers. I really enjoyed working with a few images I took this past September in Glendale Springs, NC at the Episcopal Church with the Fresco. The statues are in the side yard of the church and Parsonage yard. I enjoyed working with my photography and the Peace Prayer attributed to St. Francis. After doing some reading about St. Francis' life, I learned the famous prayer was likely written in 1925 in Chicago by a group of Priests. It was written in the spirit of St. Francis. The other prayers included here are actually from St. Francis.


"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace..."


"O Divine Master..."


"For it is in giving that we receive..."


"Let All of Us, Wherever You Are"


"How Virtue Drives Out Vice"

(Click on each image to see a larger version of it, and then use the "back arrow" button to return to the blog post.) (All images copyright by Suzanne Miller, 2009.)

No comments: